| VOLUNTEER WITH FOOD NOT BOMBS
Food Not Bombs is an all volunteer movement. You are encouraged to volunteer with your local group and help us change society so
no one is forced to stand in line to seek their food at a soup kitchen. Look at all the things you can volunteer to do to support Food Not Bombs.
| Start a Food Not
Bombs group in your community | Volunteer with your local group. |
We need help with these tasks.
- Visit local groceries, bakeries and markets to schedule the recovery of their surplus food.
- Recover unsold food from grocery stores, bakeries, produce markets, food producers and farms.
- Deliver surplus produce and bake goods to local shelters and food programs.
- Clean, cut and cook the recovered produce, grains and other ingredient to make vegan meals to share on the streets and at protests.
- Collect cooking and serving equipment or other supplies to help your local Food Not Bombs group.
- Help set up the food, literature and banner at the meals.
- Help share the prepared food at the meals.
- Wash the plates, silverware, pots, pans, cooking equipment and the kitchen where the meals were prepared.
- Make sure your meal location is clean and free of litter.
- Help load and unload your food deliveries.
- Write, illustrate, design and print flyers about the work your local Food Not Bombs is supporting.
- Staff the literature distro at the regular Food Not Bombs meals.
- Design and paint banners and signs to display at your meals.
- Post flyers at cafes, book stores, schools, laundry mats, libraries, groceries, bakeries, music shops and any place people will read and enjoy them.
- Organize a benefit concert or other event to bring awareness to your local Food Not Bombs group.
- Respond to emails, phone calls and other communications to your local Food Not Bombs group and share all communications with everyone in your chapter.
- Build bike carts to help collect and deliver the food, dishes. literature and banners.
- Book a venue for the regular meeting.
- Help develop the agenda for the next meeting.
- Post a Facebook for your chapter or design a website to list the day, time and location of your meals and contact information.
- Organize music, puppet shows or other cultural events at your regular meals.
- Participate in the meetings of other organizations, unions or other activist groups to find out how your chapter can offer support.
- Help organize a Really Really Free Market, Food Not Lawns community garden, seed bank, Bikes Not Bombs repair day, Homes Not Jails housing take over or other project and produce a flyer to promote the project at your regular meal.
- Organize a movie night, concert, play, puppet show or other events to introduce more people to the work of your Food Not Bombs group.
- Write letters to our political prisoners. Visit www.greenisthenewred.com to learn more and find their addresses.
- Help organize a protest, occupation or other action.
- Make sprouts and bring them to the meal.
- Make a solar oven to bake bread at the regular meals.
- Walk around the area before your meal and invite people to join you. You can hand out a quarter page flyer to each person with the day, time and location of your meal. This will help you share food with more people.
- Organize a presentation by Food Not Bombs cofounder Keith McHenry at your local college, bookstore, cafe or community center.
To find out more about the tour visit the TOUR PAGE.
If you discover that there is no Food Not Bombs group in your community you
are invited to start a local chapter. Visit our page
Seven Steps to Starting a Local Food Not Bombs Group.
P.O. Box 424, Arroyo Seco, NM 87514 USA
| Start a Food Not Bombs | Main Menu | Food Not Bombs Contacts | PLEASE GIVE |